Do you like mashed potatoes? How about carrots? How about the two of them together? No, I don’t mean pushing the carrots into the mashed potatoes on your plate. I mean making them that way to start with. It’s a dish called Dutch Potatoes.
What we have here, basically, is mashed potatoes and carrots. It’s a sweet alternative to the dishes we all know and love. This is an easy dish for two.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups peeled & cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chopped chives
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a small skillet sauté onion in butter for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce hear, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and carrots. Mash with a little of the boiling water, leaving a few chunks. Don’t over mash. Stir in onions, sour cream and salt. Sprinkle with chives and season with pepper.
How easy it that? And it’s good, too.
Posted on August 2nd, 2011 by James
Filed under: recipes