An easy and flavorful way to prepare chicken. You can use any chicken pieces you like. We like to use a whole fryer cut into pieces. Boneless pieces will take slightly less time.
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 45-60 minutes; 6 servings
- 6 – 8 chicken pieces, trimmed of skin and extra fat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.