A one-dish dinner with delicious broth and plenty of spinach. Can also add cilantro and shredded carrots.
- 4 cups water
- 2 3-oz. packages ramen noodles (do not use the flavor packets)
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. beef cut into bite-size strips
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbs. soy sauce
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- Optional: 1 cup shredded carrots, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In large saucepan bring water to boiling.
- Add noodles, break up if desired and return to boiling.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes until noodles are tender but firm, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and set aside.
- Mix oil and red pepper flakes in wok pan and put over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry beef, ginger and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes until done.
- Push beef mixture from center of wok and add beef broth and soy sauce. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and stir beef mixture into broth and heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add noodles, spinach (also carrots and cilantro if using). Combine and top with peanuts if using.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.