This is an easy and very tasty meatloaf recipe that uses green pepper, onion and steak sauce to make a great dish. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, sauteed vegetables and/or a green salad.
Please do not use the canister-type breadcrumbs that look, taste and partially are sawdust. Panko works better.
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs, can use panko or tear up two or three slices of bread
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste, about a teaspoon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57 or A-1)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup steak sauce, or more to taste
- 14 cup Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a pan large enough to fit the loaf and deep enough to hold in the grease. To aid in cleanup, line the pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine milk and soft bread crumbs in a small bowl and allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, 3 tablespoons steak sauce, chopped onion, and green bell pepper. Add breadcrumb mixture, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined.
- Pat the mixture into the prepared pan. Brush the top with additional steak sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Allow standing 5 minutes before slicing.