This is much better than any chicken nuggets you could buy. It’s not difficult but very tasty. They’re not bad on their own, but add a dipping sauce and you’ve got a great dish.
Cooking time: 15 minutes; Ready in less than an hour.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, Panko is best
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, 1 tbs. dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, 1 tbs. dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, 1 tbs. dry
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter with the garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to bubble, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool slightly. Stir the breadcrumbs together with the Parmesan cheese, thyme, basil, oregano, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Dip the chicken breasts in the butter, then press into the seasoned breadcrumbs. Place the chicken into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 50 to 55 minutes.
- While they are baking, make a simple sauce with things like ketchup or barbecue sauce, spiced up mayonnaise, even a dash of tartar sauce.