This recipe makes about 1/2 cup.
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce (I recommend low sodium Tamari)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (in a pinch you can use red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (you can substitute several dashes of your favorite hot sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions (green onions)
- Whisk in a mixing bowl or large measuring cup to combine the ingredients. Pour into a sealable container. Put in the refrigerator for at least one hour, even better overnight, to allow the flavors to mingle. For a smoother sauce, put in a blender before refrigerating.
- If you want something a little stronger in flavor and heat, use two teaspoons of chili sauce and add in about 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.