Skip to content
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 4 slices toasted bread, crumbled
- 4 cups crumbled cornbread (see Ma Johnson’s cornbread)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. sage
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 – 4 cans chicken broth, heated
- 1 stick butter, melted in broth
- Lightly saute onions and celery in butter. Then put into a large bowl.
- Combine bread, cornbread, salt pepper, sage and eggs. Add to onion/celery mixture.
- Add in chicken broth with melted butter. The mixture should be very moist, almost soupy.
- Pour mixture into greased 9 x 13″ pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.