Dutch Babies Make Good Breakfasts
Have you ever had a popover? Have you made popovers? Picture making one big popover in a pie plate instead of a muffin tin and you have a dutch baby, quite popular in the Pacific Northwest. Serve this four-serving pancake with melted butter, powdered sugar, fresh fruit or preserves.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- a pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan or cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredient and stir until smooth. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 325 and bake another five minutes or slightly more if needed. Serve immediately.
215 calories per serving (1/4 of dutch baby); 10 g. Fat; 179 mg. Cholesterol; 226 mg. sodium; 20 g. Carbohydrate; and 9 g. protein.