- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups peeled & cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chopped chives
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a small skillet sauté onion in butter for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce hear, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and carrots. Mash with a little of the boiling water, leaving a few chunks. Don’t over mash. Stir in onions, sour cream and salt. Sprinkle with chives and season with pepper.