This is an easy, simple and delicious side dish. It’s a sheet pan dish and if you use a silicone baking mat on your cookie sheet, it will make it nearly mess-free. This should use ingredients in your pantry. You can up the spice game a lot if that’s your taste. These are pretty tame to go with lots of entrees.
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 35 minutes; Ready in 45 minutes
- 2 Russet potatoes cut into six wedges each (Cut in half lengthwise, put potato half on the flat side, cut into three wedges, repeat for other half)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (or more) of herbs de Provence
- Paprika, to taste
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, 220 Celcius. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. (Foil will work in a pinch but try to rough up the surface a bit.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, herbs and seasonings. Toss the potato wedges in the bowl mixture until they are evenly coated. Place on their sides on the prepared baking sheet, spaced as evenly as possible so the heat can get to all of them.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn all wedges onto their other sides. Return the pan to the oven and continue cooking for about 20 minutes more or until they are crusty and grolden brown.