Skip to content
- 2 cups white, self-rising cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted bacon grease
- Fry a few pieces of bacon in a cast-iron skillet.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
- Keep grease hot to add to cornbread batter.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix eggs and milk and add to bowl with bacon grease.
- Mix just enough to moisten all dry ingredients, do not overmix.
- Pour into hot skillet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.