The taste of fried fish, but with less fat and fewer calories. This recipe is for 8 servings using a meaty white fish like haddock or cod. If using something thinner, like tilapia or swai, reduce the cooking time accordingly.
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. dried dillweed
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 2 lbs. thawed fish fillets (haddock, cod or whitefish)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg whites, dillweed and pepper
- Place cornflake crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the fish in the egg mixture, then in the crumbs and place on a baking sheet
- Coat the fish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.