This is a three-pot recipe, so clear off your stovetop. You’ll need a large skillet, a small saucepan and a large pot for cooking pasta. While the recipe calls for penne pasta, I see no reason why you can’t use just about any other pasta you like or have around.
Prep Time: 10 Min; Cook Time: 35 Min; Ready In: 45 Min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of your personal spice mix (you do have one, don’t you?) or salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped, I like garlic, but you may want to use less
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon rice or red wine vinegar
- 1 12 oz. salad bag fresh spinach leaves (I know it seems like a lot, but it cooks down to very little)
- 1 (16 ounces) jar Alfredo sauce (see the note above about light sauce)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons pesto, I used jarred stuff, which is just fine
- 1 (16 ounces) package dry penne pasta
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute; then add chicken and cook until all pinkness is gone. Season chicken with your own spice mix or salt and pepper to taste. When chicken is close to being cooked through (no longer pink inside), sprinkle on vinegar. Add spinach and saute all together for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour Alfredo sauce into a small saucepan. Stir in ground black pepper. When hot, stir in pesto; keep warm.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Pour pasta into a large mixing bowl. Add chicken/spinach mixture and enough pesto Alfredo sauce to coat. Add Parmesan, mix well and serve
Calories: 572, Total Fat: 19.3g, Cholesterol: 84mg.