An easy and delicious quick bread that’s great for dessert or breakfast.
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon each of allspice, ground cloves and ground ginger
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl, except sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and sugar. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl before adding or make those the first wet ingredient.
- Add the wet to the dry and blend until smooth, making sure you pick up the ingredients from the bottom of the bowl.
- Divide evenly the batter into two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans and bake for 60 to 90 minutes depending on your oven. They should come out in a rich brown color. Use a toothpick to make sure they are cooked all the way through (it should come out clean).
- Let them sit in the pan for about five minutes, then turn the loaves out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.