Sautéed apples make a great treat for pancakes, biscuits, ice cream or shortcake.
- 4 large, tart apple
- Half a stick of unsalted butter or 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (regular or baking mix)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melt the butter in the hot skillet and then add the apple pieces. Stir frequently as they cook. After about six or seven minutes, the apples should be almost tender.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and pour into the skillet. Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon and bring the mixture to a boil. After about two minutes, stirring from time to time, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
This is best served warm.