Sheet pan meals are popular for a reason. They are quick, easy and versatile. You can use almost any protein and vegetable combination.
Prep time: 15 minutes; Cooking time: 20 – 45 minutes; Ready in 35 minutes to 1 hour. Four servings.
- red onion cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms cut into quarters
- 3 medium carrots, cut into bite-size chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb. cooked, peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425℉, 220℃. Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped vegetables, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, herbs and toasted sesame oil. Toss to combine until everything is coated. Empty the bowl onto the sheet pan and spread as evenly as you can in a single layer.
- Roast in the hot oven until the vegetables are softened, 15 to 30 minutes depending on the vegetables.
- While the vegetables are roasting, combine the shrimp, the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Once the vegetables are nearly done, add the shrimp to the sheet pan, spreading everythiing as evenly as you can. Return to oven until the shrimp are heated through and the vegetables start to get crispy edges.
Nutritional values will vary according to the vegetables used. Recipe as written values per serving, 1/4 of a pan: Calories, 208; Protein, 20 g.; carbohydrates, 7 g.; Fat, 11 g.; Sodium 243 mg.
This dish pairs well with rice.