This is the ideal one-pot dish for bachelors. No ovens, no mixers no bowls even. It makes two servings, so you can share with a friend, or save some really good leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped, 8 baby carrots, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 box of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 10.5 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- fresh parsley for a garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium heat to warm up. Add olive oil when it’s hot. Add the chicken pieces and chopped onion into the pan and stir. Cook until browned and the onions are tender about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except for the parsley. Bring it to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Let cook for 10 minutes. Then, uncover the pan and let it simmer for another six to eight minutes, stirring occasionally until the noodles are tender. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.