Do you like mashed potatoes? How about carrots? How about the two of them together? No, I don’t mean pushing the carrots into the mashed potatoes on your plate. I mean making them that way to start with. It’s a dish called Dutch Potatoes.
What we have here, basically, is mashed potatoes and carrots. It’s a sweet alternative to the dishes we all know and love. This is an easy dish for two.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups peeled & cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chopped chives
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a small skillet sauté onion in butter for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and carrots. Mash with a little of the boiling water, leaving a few chunks. Don’t over-mash. Stir in onions, sour cream and salt. Sprinkle with chives and season with pepper.
How easy it that? And it’s good, too.